This year’s Team Trip took us to Cambridge and London, with a jam packed and thought-provoking itinerary meticulously prepared and organised by our team for the Friday and Saturday. We concluded our tour on Sunday morning at Royal Wharf, the residential development on which TODD Architects worked on the third and final phase.
Thank you to all helped make the weekend happen, it was great getting our Belfast, Dublin and London teams together- we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
Our Friday Cambridge itinerary included:
- A two-hour Cambridge City Walking Tour which will concludes in Kings College Chapel
- Visit to Judge Business School and new extension designed by Stanton Williams
- Accordia Housing visit which comprises 378 contemporary dwellings designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects, Maccreanor Lavington and Alison Brooks Architects, constructed in three phases. This was significantly the first housing development to win the RIBA Stirling Prize in 2008.
- A tour of the award-winning Storeys Field Centre, Eddington, designed by McInnes Usher McKnight (MUMA)
Our Saturday London itinerary included:
- South Bank Architectural walking tour lead by Director Peter Minnis
- Visit to Allies & Morrison for a short presentation on their practice ethos and current projects followed by a tour of their London studios.
- Further Architectural highlights walking tours in the following areas; London City, Euston & Kings Cross, Clerkenwell & Shoreditch
- Followed by our practice dinner at Pizza East in Concrete, Shoreditch
On Sunday we visited Royal Wharf, a new Royal Docks riverside residential neighborhood (located in the east London Borough of Newham) to have a brief look at the development and our progress on site.
The Royal Wharf master-plan was completed by Glenn Howells Architects. The development is being rolled out on a phased basis, with TODD Architects engaged in the third and final phase. Delivery is scheduled on a fast-track basis with an off-site fabricated structure panel system being used for external and internal wall construction. The scheme includes a wide mix of types, ranging from studio apartments to three and four bed family homes, designed to meet the needs of a range of tenancies, from social and affordable housing through private rental to upmarket riverside private sales.
TODD Architects have delivered Plot 24 and are now completing Plot 20.