Grangegorman Residential Care, Dublin
TODD Architects are working with McCullough Mulvin Architects to design and deliver the modern & high-quality community focused healthcare scheme for the Health Service Executive (HSE) and Grangegorman Development Agency.
The design intends to break down the institutional feeling of residential care and create a person-centred approach through the creation of ‘households’ within a ‘neighbourhood’, focusing on the living room, the dining room, the kitchen and the relationship to outdoor space. It is intended that The Teaghlach Model (Family-Style Model) is the driver which informs this approach.
Accommodation will include:
- – Residential Household Facility (Mental Health) – 12 no. beds
- – Residential Care Centre – 3 x 25 no. bed ‘households’
- – Dementia Care ‘Household’ – 20 no. beds
- – Therapy Centre
- – Day Care Centre
- – ‘Retail’ Community Pharmacy
- – Administration Offices
- – Support and ancillary accommodation
- – Basement parking for 60 no. cars
HSE & Grangegorman Development Agency
Grangegorman Dublin 7
Design and Build